Monday, November 24, 2008

Life on a Pencil : Komikon 2008 coverage

booths at komikon

November 22nd 2008 was marked as the Fourth Annual Filipino Komiks Convention or KOMIKON which celebrates Filipino comics enthusiast, hobbyist, collectors, companies and more. The venue of the event was once again successfully celebrated at University of the Philippines' Bahay ng Aliumni in Quezon City.

Hooh! Quezon City, another time and energy consuming trip from my hometown Dasmariñas in Cavite but everything was "worth" it. It's already the 24th day of November 2008 Monday,my proud mama's birthday. It took me a while to post this because of again technical Operating system problems (when will the conflicts eND?!!). Okay enough rambling and on with the coverage of the 4th Annual Komikon 2008.

I started leaving for Cavite at around 6:30 in the morning to avoid being stuck with the heavy traffic (and believe me when you get stuck in traffic here in the Philippines, you will be stuck for hours.). To my surprise, the trip was almost flawless and the bus I took only encountered a few light traffic along the way, making the trip from Dasmariñas Cavite to Diliman Quezon City a fast one (two hours or less to be precise).
For Caviteños like me who wanted to go to University of the Philippines Diliman Quezon City, here is the right economic route to take (Thanks to Azrael for this transportaion guide):

From Dasmariñas Town Proper ride a bus until Pasay LRT/MRT Station. From thrn on ride a bus heading to SM Fairview and request the bus conductor to drop you off Philcoa. *** From Philcoa ride a jeepney taking the "UP ikot" route. Finally ask and request the jeepney driver to drop you off at the Bahay ng Alumni.

*** I don't know if I've been duped or what but the driver drop me off in some point so I still took a jeep going to Philcoa. Stupidity will really cost you about eight pesos more hahahaha

check out his Komikon 2008 coverage at http://lifeonapencil.blogspot.com/2008/11/jam-packed-4th-annual-komikon-aftermath.htm
l#disqus_thread

1 comment:

  1. Wawawaaah! My coverage got featured! Hahaha well, hope the readers can relate with my insanity in this review haha. Thanks for featuring it here Azrael.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails