Friday, January 18, 2008

1997: The Dynamic Duo - Yu and Tadeo

The image “http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8568/thecuttingedgemags331bfls6.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Head over to Edgar Tadeo's blog and you'll see a scanned copy of The Cutting Edge Magazine back in 1997. There's an interview with Leinil Yu and Edgar Tadeo. It's one of the earliest photo of them during that time. And during my time back then, I didn't know that they are Filipino. Been collecting the whole Onslaught saga up to the Operation Zero Tolerance, there its my earliest exposure to see their works. Wolverine comics is one of the series they both worked on, and when me and my comic buddies meet, we got a big debate on if they are Pinoys or not.  Then in my friend's comic shop he showed me a Wolverine sketch by Tadeo, then I hang it in our store and place lots of comic artworks there. Thats in Recto, our little comic shop. Then when the Avalon studio comic book signing was in Robinsons Galeria, thats the time when I met them personally and let my comicbooks signed by them hehhehe. Didn't caught what Edgar Tadeo looks like, but i remember Leinil Yu having a long hair look. damn! I lined up two times when I heard that female hip hop rapper "Chill" was there in the signing.  Got home with my Wolverine comics signed by Yu and Tadeo,  Stone comics signed by Whilce and Gerry, Spawn comics signed by Brian Haberlin ehand a personalize sketch art and message by "Chill" that every event attendees got jealous over me. hehheehe.. thats one adventure of me as comic fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails